Listen, I held off writing this one for a long time. I’ve bitten my tongue so long, in fact, that I might just go postal on some poor dude at work if I don’t go ahead and just get my feelings out there. And if I go postal at work, then I’ll totally get fired. And if I get fired, then I’m going to have to somehow turn this sad excuse of a blog into my cash cow.
And I really don’t want to have to do that. I like my blog being the quirky hot mess that it has become.
So why have I shied (is that really how you spell the past tense of shy? Why did I type shyed about ten times?) away from this topic? Well, it’s about the bathroom. We all know I love to talk about poop, but even I have limits. And it’s because I tend to hate anything to do with rules. Rules suck. But, alas, here are my Men’s Room Rules…
Alright, ladies – listen up. And yes, I do mean ladies. I know who my target market is: fruit flies and gay guys. And I know there are a few totally rad straight guys who read my blog too. But I digress. So, why am I talkin’ to the ladies tonight?
Well, if you’re a gay guy, then you already know the Men’s Room Rules. And if you’re a straight guy reading my blog, then naturally you are cool enough to already know the rules too. But ladies, please, please, please pay attention for your straight man’s sake. I need you to share these rules with him. Lord knows he won’t stumble upon my blog on his own. If you have any goodness in your heart, teach him about restroom etiquette.
And here are the Men’s Room Rules according to Bmac:
- Don’t carry on a conversation with me in the restroom. It’s cool to say “hello” or whatever, but I just want a freaking minute to pee (or poo) in silence. One time a guy tried to interview for a job with me in the men’s room. True story.
- Flush the urinal. I don’t want to smell your coffee from breakfast.
- You cannot let it just hang out and expect the pee to magically go in the right spot. Get a hold of it, buddy. And aim.
- It’s called a courtesy flush. As soon as the poo comes out of your ass, flush it. I don’t care if you’re not done. I don’t care if there’s more. Flush it. And then flush again.
- Tone down the sound effects while you poo. Listen, I’ve had the India shits – in India – so I understand pain. But you need to keep the heavy breathing and moaning to a minimum, pal.
- Don’t spread your legs so wide in the stall that your shoes poke out. I’m a gay man, so I know what shoes everybody’s wearing. And if I see your shoes, then I’m going to associate you with poo for the rest of your life.
- Don’t talk on your mobile phone while in the bathroom. I know this sounds like common sense, but obviously, it’s not. If I hear you on the phone, I’m going to flush my toilet as many times as possible and moan so loud you’ll think I have the India shits again.
- If you’ve been in there pooping, then don’t come out while anybody else is in the bathroom. We all just heard you taking a dump. If I see you, then I’m seriously going to have brain damage from all the mental pictures of you shitting your brains out. For the love of Gaga, wait till you hear me leave the room, and then quickly make your escape!
- If you pee (or poo) on the seat, clean it up. Get a big wad of toilet paper and clean it up. What would your wife or mama say if they saw the condition you left the bathroom?
- Wash your hands. With soap. Because if you don’t, I’m going to judge you for the rest of your life.